Your browser seems to be outdated
To view this site, please update your browser
The world's best in logging will be in Tartu in the spring of 2023. Come and join us!
April 19-22, 2023
Estonian University of Life Sciences Campus, Tartu, Estonia
The World Logging Championship will come to Tartu in the spring of 2023. The spectacular competition brings together the best logging athletes from 20 different countries.
Free for visitors! (entrance to the Country Fair Show Arena with a Country Fair ticket)
Main sponsors of the World Logging Championship
Estonia is represented by 2 teams
Since Estonia is the organizer of the World Championship in 2023, we can field 2 teams as the host country.
Spectacular technical disciplines
Technical disciplines are under the keen eye of the judges. There are several metrics for evaluating the result, every centimeter and second is important. The disciplines are derived from the most important operations performed in forest work with a saw: accurate felling of trees, fast and high-quality sawing, accurate and rational sorting of trunks, good maintenance of the saw.
Discover Estonia, discover Tartu!
We have put together a versatile package of excursions for competitors and the biggest fans of logging sports!
Environment and WLC
- Disposable dishware is not used for catering! We use "real" tablewear, as well as Ringo's reusable dishware if necessary.
- Waste is collected by the type - tare, biowaste, household waste, mixed waste.
- We will use the flags and banners installed in the venue in the following events. They are not produced only for this event.
- We will use the suitable wooden material left overs in the following trainings and competitions.
Energy and fuel:
- The participants are given instructions and options for moving around the city - they can walk, take a bus, use rental bikes or electric scooters.
- The transfer moves once a day.
- Participants have been informed about the footprint they are leaving.
- Many competitors use environmentally friendly fuel and chain oil in their competition saws.
- There is a permanent electricity connection at the venue, while electrical consumption is minimal between 6 p.m and 7 a.m.
World Logging Championship 2023 will be held on 19-22 in April on the campus of the University of Life Sciences in Tartu. On the first days there are qualifications, on the last day there are finals.
The campus of Tartu University of Life Sciences can be easily reached from the city center by public transport or bicycle rental. Free parking is planned for cars.
Ardent fans of logging sports can get their own fan package, which consists of accommodation, catering and excursions to exciting places in Southern Estonia.
World Logging Championship 2023 will be held on 19-22 in April on the campus of the University of Life Sciences in Tartu. We have created a convenient schedule for the competitors, which shows the time and location of each competition area.
Check out the accommodation options and find the fastest way to the competition area in Tartu, on the campus of the University of Life Sciences.
Here you can find the plans of the venue.